Diocesan Histories

A select list of holdings in the Diocese of Rockhampton.
(PDF approx 70KB)

Listing holdings of Baptism, Marriage, & Burial Registers, Church Gazettes, and other important information.

Ordination of Three

Stuart Haynes, Beryl Andersen and Helen Rinaldis were ordained priests in the Church of God at St Paul’s Cathedral on Monday 30 November, the feast of St Andrew. Family, friends and members of congregations from many parts of the Diocese gathered to celebrate the ordinations.

History of the Rockhampton Diocese
Steel All Through

The Church of England in Central Queensland Transplantation and Adaptation 1892 - 1942
The thesis is concerned with the establishment of the Anglican presence in Central Queensland.

By Archdeacon Rob Philp
(PDF approx 610 KB)

Church of England 1892 - 1942

Read More
Snapshot 1906

A Snapshot Of Life In 1906 In The Diocese Of Rockhampton In Celebration Of The Centenary Of The Province

Compiled by The Revd Canon Janne Whitehead
St. Luke's Wandal, October 2006.
(PDF approx 650 KB)

Snapshot of Life 1906

Read More
History of St. Paul's Cathedral

The foundation stone of the present St. Paul's Cathedral, Rockhampton was laid in 1879. This was the third building constructed for Church of England worship.

Compiled by the Very Revd Chris Whittall OAM
(PDF approx 60 KB)

Foundation Stone 1879

Read More
 Top 
Parish Histories of the Rockhampton Diocese
The First Decade

A History of the first decade of St. Luke's Anglican Church Wandal 1900 - 1910

History Compiled by Canon Janne Whitehead 2010
(PDF approx 1 Mb)

Parish of Wandal

Read More
Companions on the Journey

A History of the first 60 years of St. Luke's Anglican Church Emerald 1880 - 1939

History Compiled by Canon Janne Whitehead 2004
(PDF approx 2 Mb)

Parish of Emerald

Read More
A History of St James Church

At Alton Downs and West Rockhampton 1907 - 1990 : First Edition

History Compiled by Canon Janne Whitehead 2009
(PDF approx 2 Mb)

St James

Read More
 Top 
Organisation Histories of the Rockhampton Diocese
St Faith's Past Pupils Association

Established in August 1926 by Leslie Lawrie and Phyllis Lucas of St Faith's Church of England Girl's School, Yeppoon 1923-1968. The school was located at Mount Stewart, a 53 acre property in the hills on the outskirts on Yeppoon.

History Compiled by Canon Janne Whitehead 2010
(PDF approx 1 Mb)